Monday, October 12, 2009

being broken for the King

Picture this:
Three Babies, a one month,a two month old, and a four month old. All crying! Two hungry, One just wanting to be held. Then there's me: Having just watched an episode of "Super Nanny" last night, I had ringing in my head to remain calm and the children will reflect my attitude and be calm as well. So there I stood between two cribs, holding the four month old with one arm, feeding her, and doing well to keep her balanced along my stomach. Then, using my right arm to reach over and into the high edge of the one month old's crib, as I gently tug on the edge of her blanket to rock her side to side, all the while singing as best I could the words to, "I love you, Lord" and "Amazing Grace" with a bottle wedged between my chin and neck....no Mamas in sight...Just me. Alone. With three screaming babies and only two arms and the side front of my stomach for help...

Just having finished a portion in my book about how God spoke to the author through her child and how God feels joy with her. That when things are difficult for us, no matter how big or small they may be, He rejoices when we've experienced victory over our short comings or obstacles. Trying to appease all these three babies when they seemed so content do kick and fuss in their rising discontent with my efforts made me think two things: (1) I don't EVER want to have triplets! and (2) This must be how God feels with me right now...

For the last week, God has been so gracious in speaking through my good friends and loved ones to let me know His Love and Faithfulness for me, but my own stubbornness and impatience to know NOW! has gotten me in a real hissy fit with Jesus. Just like the babies were content in their crying and kicking and fussing until their desire was met to be held and coddled, and wanting nothing more than that, I have been kicking and screaming for God to just take care of my desire, to pick me back up again, and let me know that He's taking care of me. The fact is He's been doing it all along and if I would just calm down, I'd see that, I would feel His love and presence....

God is good to allow me to see Him through others, even through the mouths of babes. I'm most definitely grateful that He has a sense of humor about it!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha, aah ha ha ha, I am laughing out loud for real. You couldn't possibly understand how close to home you hit with your last post.

    In one simple and eloquent post you have named my own problem. If I would just stop the hissy fit and calm down, you may not believe this but I realized it right when I read it and felt a warm rush. That was it!
    For every person whose path you cross, there is a reason. You came into my life for a reason sweetheart and I am blessed for it.
    Jesus loves us this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong, we are weak but He is strong. Yes Jesus loves us.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I miss you. I am so glad you are there. Nothing like a good brawl with Jesus to get our lives back on track. Funny, though, the flesh NEVER wins! He already did.

    ReplyDelete