Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hey Guys!! You won't believe it but it's rained Kenya!! I can't believe it. It's so wonderful. They haven't had a good rain since maybe May and tonight it has poured! I had to get on here straight away to let you know.

When it happened I was with the children at LCC watching Spiderman. One of the Mama's came in and started shouting commands at the children and they all rushed out. Well, that's when I smelt the rain. I had little Jenny in my arms and ran out to go stand in it for a moment! What a great end to a fun filled day! Oh, God bless children and Rain!! mvua is "rain" in Kiswahili!!

Pray it rains all night and day!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, I'm glad to hear that everything is going somewhat smoothly. You better be mailing me with some letters so that I can write you back oh and pictures! Anyways stay safe keep God close to your heart and push through everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you beautiful soul!! I got your post cards and haven't been that excited to get mail in years!! Thank you for remembering! Michael and Hope love them too, and want to know if there is any small things that we can send to the children you are helping. I think of you often, your cards could not have come at a better time, Please take good care of yourself and give your kids a loving hug from our family. Your cards even make Kevin smile and ask what we can send. Perhaps I should send you a little armored knight to barter? Michael wants to send Hot Wheels and Hope wants to send Barbies.
    Are there children of age to be pen pals with my kids? If you inform us about the cost of postage from Kenya we could reimburse you for stamps and make sure your kids have postage available to them. Translating would be very educational for my children and yours. I wish I could be there with you, but you know why I can't, still my heart and my thoughts are with you. Write again soon,
    God be with you,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete