Monday, September 7, 2009

Touchdown in Kenya...

24hrs of flying, not to mention 3 layovers, one more than I expected, I am safe in Kenya. I have already made several friends here. Everyone is so delightful! I love being here, it's like my heart has found it's home. There are several organizations that we are going to be doing work with and after this next week or so of dabbling my feet in the different forms of work, I'll make a decision of where I will be working prodominately. Right now I can already feel that I will be doing a lot of work with LCC-K (Limuru Children's Centre - K branch, which is the group of children from four to seven who are preparing for primary school). They are all so beautiful and loving!!

I am picking up KiSwahili rather quickly. Today is just my second day and I can already greet people, ask how they are, tell them my name, and where I'm from! Not to mention asking them the same, plus some common manners and silly phrases like "let's go", "Hurry!", and "I don't know." hehe It's so much fun! My goal is to be able to have a full conversation in Kiswahili before my two months is over! I've already come so far. My instructor didn't believe today was just my second day when I went to my first lesson! hehe...

Oh! We went on a Safari walk and I found Rafiki! (of "The Lion King") Not the actual one of course, however we are on a mission to find a "Heart-beating" giraffe! lol -pictures to be posted later this week or beginning of next.

p.s. Welsh is a funny language, some words I just shouldn't be told, but a fun one is that microwave is "Poppety-Ping" (spelling may be incorrect but that's how you pronounce it)...

Kwahari! (good bye)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You are safe. We miss you. I hope you are doing well, dear one! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're landed safely, homie :) always be safe...and keep up the Spirit: good works makes good people happy :)

    ReplyDelete